http://i.imgur.com/1Pzpc.jpg
http://hotbliggityblog.com/backgrounds/#595

Friday, September 12, 2008

My sister's passing

My dear sister Viviane passed away 8 days ago at my parents house back in Brazil. She had down syndrome and had been sick for a few months. She also had heart and lungs problems. She died of the age 43. She is the oldest at my family and she is my only sister. When I heard the news I immediately called my family and they replied that she had a peaceful death, my parents even had time to hug her and say goodbye. I can't even imagine how hard that was for them. I became very sad and wanted to be there to help, but living so far away it makes so difficult to just jump in a plane and go there. I realized that my baby doesn't have a passport yet and that would take at least a couple of days to get ready. So I decided that I will just wait and come in a few months. My parents are doing well given the circumstances. I'm just so grateful to have the gospel in my life that helps us understand the plan that Heavenly Father has for us. I'm also grateful to have had a wonderful sister that was so pure and loving. I have so many wonderful memories of her and I will always treasure the times I had with her here at my house a couple of months ago. We danced, we played dominoes, I cooked for her and she met her new niece Claire. I will always remember you Vivi. I love you minha querida irma Vivi.

2 comments:

The Fowers said...

Danielle,
I am so glad I was able to meet your sister! She was so sweet; we are very sorry for your loss - thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures and your loving memories of her.

Lisa said...

I am so sorry to her about her passing; at least she is now released from her physical pain. What a blessing to know the gospel and find comfort. My prayers will be with your family.